at Café Florentine
Are you ready for a Grape Escape?
This Team Wine Challenge event begins with a fun, informative wine tasting and ends with a highly entertaining and competitive sangria making and marketing challenge. Your team is greeted by our knowledgeable sommelier, giving participants a brief, interactive and fun intro to wine, then leading the group in a white and red wine tasting.
After the tasting, groups are gathered into teams and each group becomes its very own winery. Teams are briefed about the interesting history of sangria, and then take part in an entertaining Sangria Trivia Contest before creating their own blends.
You become the wine experts – everyone’s success depends on it!
Their new found knowledge on wine and Sangria is put to the test as teams set off to concoct their own unique and delicious Sangria blend. This unique event combines team challenges, lots of interaction, and plenty of fun and is located in a great venue established in Boston’s historic North End. Café Florentine’s bar area has old world charm as well as a ceiling covered in grapes!
Breakdown of your Wine Challenge!
- Cheese and crackers will be presented by Cafe Florentine
- Professional facilitator will form teams and involve your group in Icebreakers.
- A Wine Expert will kick the event off with a wine tasting. Your group will taste white, red and sparkling wines and have an opportunity to discuss their characteristics, how they vary from each other, in a forum type atmosphere.
- Next, an Introduction to the Program will be run through which will include rules of the event, history of sangria and team building trivia.
- Teams will create their own Sangria recipes
- Using a variety of fruits, juices, and wines provided to teams they will mix their Sangria recipes
- Finally, groups will market their sangria, create a wine label, logo, and make a commercial to promote their sangria to judges
- Judging will take place by your companies management or our staff.
Private cash bar can be made available for additional drink purchases.
Four-course Italian Dinner can be added to package ($75.00++pp).
333 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113
Program is held downstairs in private event space. Ceiling is covered appropriately with green and purple grapes!
Two private bathrooms in event space. Sorry, event space is not handicap accessible.
The finest in Italian Dining on the North End’s famous corner! Established just after Prohibition on the corner of Hanover and Prince Streets in Boston’s historic North End, the Florentine Cafe was renovated in the 90’s to bring back its Old World look and charm, once again capturing the attention of the neighborhood and of passers-by alike. Cafe Florentine has offered a wonderful blend of fine Italian food and drink to visitors and residents of Hanover Street and to those walking Boston’s Freedom Trail for over 70 years.
Parcel 7 Garage
136 Blackstone Street
Boston, MA 02109
Team Building Benefits
- Creative thinking
- Great morale booster
- Enhanced communication skills
- Co-workers see each other in a whole new light
- Advancing your tasting skills with wine
- Socialize and working with co-workers
What to Expect
- Event Facilitator
- Wine Tasting with Wine Expert: Red, White & Sparkling
- Sangria Making Team Building Program
- Cheese and Crackers Platters
- Tasting of Café Florentine’s Own Sangria
333 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113, United States