at The Harp
“Attention all chowder afficionados, you’re in for a rather enjoyable team experience. The “Chowder Cook-off” (sic) is where the fun times are!”
Work with your team to conjure up some delicious chowder, together! You and your team will be the chefs at this Chowda Cook-off! We will bring all the groceries you need for a tasty team building event. Participants will turn cartons of cream, butter, onions, corn, potatoes, raw eggs, fish or clams into cauldrons of prize worthy chowder. What team will capture the highest accolades? Who gets the best marks for working as a team?
Who has the Best Chowda in Boston? Your team!
When the judging begins, scorecards will be utilized to award points based on creativity, presentation, and taste. One team will emerge triumphant as the reigning Chowda Cook-Off Champions! Judges can either be members of the participating company or event staff.
Oh, and for final fun? Your teams will be able to compare their chowder to Harp’s AWARD WINNING chowder!
Get ready for chowder: fish, clam, or corn. This is sure to be a very tasty culinary team building event.
- Team members will be broken up into the following roles: Table Skipper, Chief Buyer, Principle Negotiator, Head Chef, Image Gurus and Sous Chefs
- Each team will have their own stove, utensils, aprons and gloves
- Teams will be distributed basic ingredients
- Tokens can be used to buy additional ingredients (produce, dairy, and vegetables) at the ‘chowda store’
- Teams can negotiate with one another to access additional ingredients
- Teams are judged on taste and texture, balance and blend, aroma, and presentation.
- After program each participant will be able to taste Harp’s award winning chowder!
Appetizers and Open Bar
- Beer Bite Pretzels
- Pulled Pork Wontons
- Mini Cheeseburger Sliders
- Mac n Cheese Bites
- Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
- Flat Bread Pizza; Assorted flavors (Artichoke & Feta, Smoked Bacon Hawaiian, Margharita)
85 Causeway Street
Boston, MA 02114
The Harp is part of the same restaurant group as The Anthem and Ned Devine’s. They all serve up 2012’s AWARD WINNING Chowderfest Chowder! Their recipe is noted by the Boston Globe as being buttery with a not-too-thick texture, bits of thyme, and sweet chopped cockles and clams. What will be in your chowder? Best part of the program? You get the opportunity to compare your chowder to The Harp’s award winning chowder at the finale!
Parking is available behind Lancaster Street on non-game or TD Garden event days for $10.00 after 4pm.
Team Building Benefits
- Teambuilding & Fun!
- Play together
- Resource Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Create a memorable experience for the group
- Friendly competition
What to Expect
- Culinary Facilitator and Assistant
- Display Appetizers
- Open Bar Beer and Wine
- Private Event Space
- Award Winning Chowder Tasting!
- Meals tax and gratuity will be added at checkout
85 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114, United States