at Causeway Restaurant & Bar
One of the tastiest YoYo Events is our Chili Cook-off!
Bring your team to our Chili Cook-off program at the 2015 Boston’s Chili Cook-off Award Winning Causeway Restaurant & Bar! The chili cook-off team building program combines creativity with culinary skill. A fun ice breaker will result in the formation of teams, each of whom will have a designated table equipped with all the necessary cookware, utensils and a stove.
If your chili recipe is definitely blue ribbon material, bring it on!
Us judges have certainly polished our belt-buckles around a few pots of Texas Red in the past. Shucks, even got some stuck in our cookie dusters. We know good chuck. So make sure your chili is a true hot tamale!
The Team Chili Cook-Off culinary team building activity is both hot and chili con cool! See if your chili concoction can beat the Causeway’s Award Winning Chili! Step on up, partners! Show off that chili machismo as you vie for succulent spicy success!
- Upon arrival your group will be broken into teams and they will participate in team building ice breakers and trivia.
- Correct answers will earn team members tokens to use towards purchasing necessary cooking ingredients at the ‘General Store’. Groups have an opportunity to ‘buy’ ingredients such as; chili peppers, spices, olives, celery, sausage, tomatoes, ground beef & more.
- Each team will have their own set up complete with burner, pot, utensils and more. Your teams will actually be working together and cooking onsite!
- Onsite Judges (your boss, our facilitator, or restaurant personnel) will taste each chili and raise signs to rate your team’s chili and a winner will be declared!
- When the program is completed you will be served a cup of Causeway’s AWARD WINNING chili!
- Aprons and gloves will be provided to all attendees.
Causeway Restaurant & Bar will offer two beers and or wines to each attendee. Each participant must be 21+.
A selection of appetizers will be provided for your group.
This location is NOT available for booking on Game Days or Large Events. HOWEVER, we will book your event at another Boston location with same menu and pricing.
The Causeway Restaurant and Bar
65 Causeway Street
Boston, MA 02114
The Causeway Restaurant is THE restaurant to sample Chili as it should be. The Causeway Restaurant & Bar was Boston’s AWARD WINNING #1 BEST chili in Februrary 2015 6th Annual Chili Cup Cookoff in Faneuil Hall. At the conclusion of your event, you and your teammates will be able to sample Causeway’s Chili and judge for yourself who made the best chili! Will it be you or Causeway?
Parking is available behind Lancaster Street on non-game or TD Garden event days for $10.00 after 4pm.
Team Building Benefits
- Develop leadership skills
- Resource Management
- Build negotiation skills
What to Expect
- Private Function Room
- Program Facilitator
- Two Drinks (Beer and Wine) per person
- All Ingredients and Supplies
- Cup of Causeway’s Award Winning Chili
- Option to add Lunch or Dinner
65 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114, United States